Oshawa-Durham Ontario Travel Accommodation: Choosing a Bed & Breakfast
Bed & Breakfasts are an inexpensive way to stay in Oshawa-Durham and the Kawarthas, and provide you the opportunity to see how the locals live. Most are members of the Federation of Ontario Bed & Breakfast Accommodation, and all are typically licensed by their municipality. Here are some of their more important standards:
- All Bed and Breakfast hosts are required to provide:
- a high standard of cleanliness
- good quality furnishings and linens in guest rooms
- an adequate number of bathrooms with sufficient hot water and high quality fixtures
- a breakfast of consistently high quality which is included in the room rate
- provisions for the safety and fire protection of guests consistent with provincial guidelines
- friendly guidance and assistance to guests about local attractions and places of interest
- All hosts shall have a reasonable deposit and cancellation policy.
- All hosts are required to carry adequate liability insurance.
- All hosts shall comply with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- All hosts shall provide accommodation, services and meals consistent with their own advertising.
- All hosts shall respond to guest complaints either verbally or in writing.
- All hosts agree to confer with the Complaints Committee of FOBBA regarding resolution of complaints.
- All hosts agree to implement any recommendation of the complaints committee.
- Failure to implement the recommendations of the Complaints Committee will result in withdrawal of the Federation Certificate of Membership.